The rhubarb is up, beginning the push upward around May 5 for 2011. For comparison, previous years as follows:
2010: April 16
2009: April 25
2008: April 15
Definitely a late start this year.
Last fall I pulled out the low producing strawberries (originally transplanted from neighbour). The berries were very small (a few mm at most) and sparse. Today I transplanted some larger/higher producing strawberries from another neighbour. Nice rains this evening to help them establish. Now to figure out what all to plant this year...!
- Homemade Pea Sheller
- Common Purslane (Portulaca oleracea)
- Alberta Local Grown Potatoes (Conventional)
- Carrot Varieties
- Black Henbane (Hyoscyamus niger) - Alberta Invasive Species Series
- Happy Last Frost Day (Sort Of)
- Calgary and Alberta Gardening Blogs
- Roofing and Soil Quality
- Native Plants - May Flowers and Unknowns
- Agroclimatology - Growing-Degree Days