With the very early spring this year, I harvested 5.5 pounds of rhubarb from two plants in the first week of May! Some years the rhubarb has hardly poked above ground at this time.
It's time to divide the roots of the plants as they are starting to bolt after establishing for a few years.
- Homemade Pea Sheller
- Common Purslane (Portulaca oleracea)
- Alberta Local Grown Potatoes (Conventional)
- Carrot Varieties
- Black Henbane (Hyoscyamus niger) - Alberta Invasive Species Series
- Happy Last Frost Day (Sort Of)
- Calgary and Alberta Gardening Blogs
- Roofing and Soil Quality
- Native Plants - May Flowers and Unknowns
- Agroclimatology - Growing-Degree Days