Quick report that the rhubarb is just starting to come up (i.e. a few mm so far), in spite of snow and - 8 C lows and +2 C highs the past few days! This is about 10 days later than it came up last year.
Another "first" report, a bee nearly nailed me in the head a few days ago during the chinook (+15 C), but since then I have not seen any more. Must have been an early scout, who told the others to hold off, not worth getting out of bed yet.
- Homemade Pea Sheller
- Common Purslane (Portulaca oleracea)
- Alberta Local Grown Potatoes (Conventional)
- Carrot Varieties
- Black Henbane (Hyoscyamus niger) - Alberta Invasive Species Series
- Happy Last Frost Day (Sort Of)
- Calgary and Alberta Gardening Blogs
- Roofing and Soil Quality
- Native Plants - May Flowers and Unknowns
- Agroclimatology - Growing-Degree Days